Eugenie Whitmore was born on May 22, 1896 to Henry P. and Rosalie A. Whitmore.
Mr. Whitmore was a prominent art dealer in Omaha who has been credited for drawing attention to Omaha as a burgeoning cosmopolitan center. His gallery at 1517 Dodge Street brought such treasures as Wedgwood bone china, Tiffany and Lalique glasswork, and the works of many renowned fine artists to the people of Omaha. Mrs. Whitmore was an accomplished pianist and philanthropist in Omaha society circles. She was a founding member of the Amateur Musical Club, the Garden Club, and the Woman’s Club.
As a child, Eugenie Whitmore began to study piano with her mother, and continued her more advanced work in New York City as a young adult. She returned to Omaha, where she became an active and lauded contributor to music programs on WOAW (Woodmen of the World) Radio and other stations, and an accompanist and featured musician at concerts in venues like the Joslyn Museum and private homes.
The Whitmore family was influential in Omaha and abroad – they travelled extensively and entertained international artists at their home whenever they would come through Omaha. Eugenie’s letters contain correspondences with several prominent artists, musicians, and business owners that she met in Omaha and during her travels.
As an adult, Eugenia continued her parents’ legacy of philanthropy and community engagement. She served as President of the Amateur Musical Club and was an active sponsor of the Child Saving Institute, in the form of monetary contributions and as host of garden parties. She passed away in 1978 and in her will initiated the Whitmore Charitable Trust, a grant which provides funding to local arts organizations to this day. Recipients include the Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha Community Playhouse, the Rose Theater, Lauritzen Gardens, and more.
 Omaha World-Herald, July 12, 1963.