The General Crook House Museum and Library Archive Center Current Schedule
The General Crook house Museum and Library Archive Center has been closed since March 13th, and while our staff has continued to work, we have missed seeing all our members and volunteers during these last few months. We are so excited to begin welcoming everyone back and to start offering classes and programs again.
· The Museum will be open weekends only through Sept. 10. The Museum will resume daily openings on Friday, Sept. 11th.
· The library is by appointment only through Sept. 10.
· Antique classes are postponed until Tuesday, Sept. 8.
Anyone interested in visiting either building will need to make a reservation ahead of time to ensure that we can maintain social distancing between guests.
In order to keep our staff and visitors safe, we have developed health and safety guidelines, based on the recommendations of the CDC, which will be implemented with our re-opening:
- Guests will need to pre-pay their admission, in order to minimize cash handling.
- Guests will be required to wear masks during their visit. If a guests arrives without one, we will provide one to them to wear.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed at the entrance and we will ask everyone to please use some upon entry.
- Guests will still be allowed in all rooms of the Museum, but we will ask that they refrain from touching the antiques and furnishings.
DCHS is committed to keeping the General Crook House Museum and Library Archive Center safe for all our guests and staff. Thank you to all our members and supporters for their patience and understanding, as we work towards re-opening during these uncertain times. We expect that these policies will continue to shift according to circumstances throughout the summer. We promise to keep you updated as these changes occur.
Thank you for your continued support of DCHS and welcome back.